Planning International Nightlife Congress & Golden Moon Awards
Ibiza will hold the IV annual International Nightlife Congress this upcoming 9th and 10th of October, with the celebration of the III Edition of the Golden Moon Awards in which the World’s Best Clubs will be recognized. This event will make the island come alive, being The Ushuaïa Tower, a leading destination of the sector.
Planning October 9-10
Day 1: Monday October 9, 2017
- 09:30-10:30 a.m. : Credential Pick-up/Registration
- 10:30 a.m. : Welcome Speeches
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.: 1st Conference: “The Importance of Nightlife Quality for a Tourist Destination”
This conference will exhibit the importance of having quality nightlife and musical offerings in a tourist destination, where ideas and projects will be discussed with the aim of emphasizing the importance for a tourist destination to have quality nightlife and music offer. (Individual speech followed by post discussion open to questions).
- Mr. Lutz Leichsenring, Spokesman Berlin ClubComission.
- Mr. Maurizio Pasca, President of the Italian Nightlife Association (SILB) and President of the European Nightlife Association (ENA).
- Abel Matutes, President of the International Nightlife Association, and CEO of Palladium Hotel Group.
- Gloria Corral, Ibiza’s City Hall tourism counselor.
- 1 p.m.-3:30 p.m. : Lunch
- 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.: 2nd Conference: “Nightlife and Noise Pollution”
This conference will discuss solutions regarding nightlife and noise pollution: club shut-downs and its consequences, better alternative solutions, measurement and sound level checks, measures and campaigns for lowering noise pollution, the “International Nightlife Acoustic Quality” seal. (Individual speech followed by post discussion open to questions).
- Paul Seres, Founding Trustee of the New York City Hospitality Alliance and former President of the New York Nightlife Association.
- Vicent Torres, Tourism Director of the Consell d’Eivissa.
- Ana Espinel, General Director of Audiotec.
- Juli Pubill, Delegate of CESVA Instruments in Balearic and Canary Islands.
- 5 -5:30 p.m. : Coffee Break
- 5:30 p.m.- 7:30 p.m. : 3rd Conference: “Nightlife and Security”
This conference aims to emphasize the importance of safety in nightlife: security measures, the new international safety distinction for nightlife venues (International Nightlife Safety Certified), awareness raising campaigns on safety and civility and other tools to achieve a safer nightlife. (Individual speech followed by post discussion open to questions).
- Yolanda Perdomo, Director of the Affiliate Program Members of the World Tourism Organization of the United Nations (UNWTO).
- Joaquim Boadas, Secretary-General of International Nightlife Association.
- Rafael Rodríguez, General Director of Bull Control.
- Juan Carlos Diaz, President of the American Nightlife Association (ANA) and 1st Vicepresident of the International Nightlife Association for America.